Play by Merle Good to premiere Off-Broadway

August 6, 2013
The Preacher and the Shrink

The Preacher and the Shrink, a new play written by Mennonite author, publisher, and playwright Merle Good, will premiere this fall at Beckett Theatre in downtown New York. The play is scheduled to open on Saturday, November 2nd, and run until Sunday, January 5th.

“It’s a dream come true,” Good said. “And I’m especially pleased that The Preacher and the Shrink is not only the best play I’ve ever written, but it’s also, I believe, the most thoughtful.”

The two-hour drama tells the story of a popular pastor and his estranged daughter, exploring the complexities of their relationship.

During its seven-week run, The Preacher and the Shrink will be performed at 8 pm on Tuesday through Saturday with afternoon matinees on Saturday and Sunday.

Tickets will go on sale through Telecharge.com on August 1st. Patrons may buy tickets online or by calling 1-800-432-7250. Group rates are available by calling the Beckett at 212-714-2772.

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this news story. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.