Katie Funk Wiebe memoir published

June 2, 2009

You Never Gave Me a Name: One Mennonite Woman's Story by Katie Funk Wiebe

Published June 15, 2009 by Dreamseeker books. 284 pp. $15.95

Publisher's Description:

"I loved this book," says Dora Dueck, writer and editor, who is author of several books and co-editor of Northern Lights: An Anthology of Contemporary Christian Writing in Canada (Wiley, 2008). "This is Katie's life, her name, her harvest of work and discovery. But something wonderful happened as I read what she shares so honestly and well: I saw my own story--and felt it good, and safer again, to be a writer, pilgrim, woman in the MB church." This memoir records Katie Funk Wiebe's search for identity as a woman left widowed with young children who becomes a writer and an early Mennonite and biblical feminist. "Through her vulnerability," comments Doug Heidebrecht, Director of the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, "Katie invites us to recognize ourselves and to perceive God's grace in the midst of life. Katie's masterful storytelling is a gift." And Valerie Weaver-Zercher, contributing editor to Sojourners, thinks "This is vintage Funk Wiebe: unaffected, spirited, and unblinking."

For more information see http://www.cascadiapublishinghouse.com/yng/yng.htm

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this news story. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.