The cover of A Hundred Camels

Just Published by Cascadia:

A Hundred Camels: A Doctor's Sojourn and Murder Trial in Somalia

by Gerald L. Miller, M.D. and Shari Miller Wagner

Available: June2009
Pages: 228

Prices: $13.95US/$14.95Can.
ISBN 13:978-1-931038-54-6

As this suspenseful, true-life drama of a doctor's trial for a patient's murder unfolds, readersare given access to an ancient, clan-based culture few Americans have experienced in a country recently declared by the United Nations as a humanitarian crisis “worse than Darfur.”

"This vivid, compelling story becomes a vehicle of beauty—the kind that wounds as we recognize our own fears and prejudices but also the beauty of a compassion that heals."

—Jean Janzen, Fresno, California, is an award-winning poet, whose most recent collection of poetry is Paper House.

"Underneath the excitement of the courtroom drama, murder trial, and many escapades in a new culture, lies the story of how one man's spirit grew."

—Shirley H. Showalter, in the Foreword

For more details, download an information sheet (PDF) or visit the publisher's website.

Comments for A Hundred Camels: A Mission Doctor's Sojourn and Murder Trial in Somalia

• Bridget Griffin

On June 5, 2009 Bridget Griffin wrote:

My husband and I own J. Farvers, a Christian Bookstore in Shipshewana, Indiana, the hometown of Dr. Gerald Miller. If anyone is interested in buying the book, A HUNDRED CAMELS, you can email me at inbridge115@cs.com or call the store at 260-768-4339. It is an awesome story.

Post a comment

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this news story. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.