Catholics, Mennonites, and Women: Julia Spicher Kasdorf and the Dreaded Humanities Survey

by Robert J. Meyer-Lee

Comments for Catholics, Mennonites, and Women: Julia Spicher Kasdorf and the Dreaded Humanities Survey

• Karen Yoder

On February 12, 2016 Karen Yoder wrote:

One of my favorite things about this piece is how the course it describes works with two different subject areas, music and literature. So often, in spite of everyone’s best efforts, subject areas are kept in a vacuum. It’s great to see those boundaries being transcended in this essay in a very real way. Another thing I like is the way the co-teaching model functions so well in this situation. Most importantly, however, I love how the two professors learn from each other, from other professors on campus, and how they learn from the process of teaching the class. This is, of course, what education and classes should be, a moving forward, a thinking process, where the end product of the course cannot be predicted at the start. Would that all classes could be like this for teachers and students alike.

Post a comment
  • Bobby Meyer-Lee

On March 14, 2016 Bobby Meyer-Lee wrote:

Thanks, Karen. It was indeed a fruitful and enjoyable teaching experience!

Post a comment

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this journal article. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.