Cain’s Legacy: Marked By Plain Sorrow

by Eileen R. Kinch

Comments for Cain’s Legacy: Marked By Plain Sorrow

• Adam Hostetter

On January 28, 2012 Adam Hostetter wrote:

Thank you Eileen. This is a very powerful story. I have come recognize that one of the themes I explore constantly in my writing is "who are my people?" I am a gay mennonite and very pleased to walk between many worlds. I find that "Between-people are both outsiders and insiders. They don’t belong anywhere." is true, and difficult, and beautiful.

Post a comment
  • Shirley

On March 8, 2012 Shirley wrote:

Lovely essay, Eileen. The ending was perfect and the theme very familiar. Edith Wharton once described herself as "too intellectual for Philadelphia and too fashionable for Boston." I remember thinking, "Yep." I had my own version of that description. There's real power in choosing something for yourself that otherwise might have been forced on you. And in telling the complicated truth about community.

Post a comment
  • ShirleyK

On April 1, 2012 ShirleyK wrote:

I love your story, Eileen. I hope you get enough of it out to call it a book and it explodes into the wide, callous world--or at least, maybe more to your nature, takes up enough rare, deserved space that other like souls can find it and lustily feed, larding on the butter and jelly.

Perhaps I'll manage to snag you again, today, at the writing conference--

Post a comment

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this journal article. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.