An Excerpt from "Don't Drive Too Fast, Don't Stay Too Late, and Be Good"

by Jan Guenther Braun

Comments for An Excerpt from "Don't Drive Too Fast, Don't Stay Too Late, and Be Good"

• Adam Hostetter

On August 19, 2018 Adam Hostetter wrote:

Wow! What a powerful story. Thank you. For many years I thought the PTSD I suffered as a result of just trying to come out was smaller than anyone else’s PTSD, less real. Less meaningful. Years of therapy, and now I know what your short essay captured so beautifully - we are all human and trauma is trauma to that inner child who needs safety so desperately. I love this piece. I love this first date...my gosh! What happened next??

Thank you, -Adam Hostetter

Post a comment
  • Jan Guenther Braun

On August 22, 2018 Jan Guenther Braun wrote:

Adam, thanks for writing your comment! Whether you're posting a piece of writing to a blog or having it published in paper form, you never know if anyone's actually read it, so thanks for that!

Yup, I think that PTSD can come in many forms and be the result of small 't' trauma over time. Is that the character's trauma, though? I don't even know yet. I guess we'll both find out eventually.

All the best, Adam

Post a comment

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this journal article. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.