Miriam Toews's 'All My Puny Sorrows' receives high recognition

October 10, 2014

Miriam Toews's newest novel, All My Puny Sorrows, is a finalist for the 2014 Rogers Writers' Trust Award as well as the 2014 Scotiabank Giller Prize.

All My Puny Sorrows, released by Knopf Canada in April 2014, tells the story of two sisters, both accomplished, one suicidal and the other struggling to keep her sister alive.

Toews's novel was selected as one of five finalists for the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize, which honors the best novel or short story collection of the year. Each finalist received $2,500, and the winner will receive $25,000. Toews's book was selected from 127 submissions.

In addition, the novel was named as one of six finalists for the Scotiabank Giller Prize. All My Puny Sorrows was selected from 161 submissions for this coveted award.

Miriam Toews, from Toronto, has authored five previous bestselling novels, including A Complicated Kindness, Summer of My Amazing Luck, and A Boy of Good Breeding, in addition to her nonfiction work Swing Low: A Life.

Post a comment

Sorry, comments are closed for this news story. If you have something to share, feel free to get in touch.